Who We Are
Our clients have a clear purpose and vision, but they operate in an always-changing world. That is why we are here. Re-Solved provides guidance and expertise to connect, power, and accelerate purpose for organizations around the world. We develop technology solutions that allow our clients to look beyond their day-to-day processes and maintain a clear focus on what matters most: their mission. Our team has enabled digital transformations for some of the largest, high profile philanthropic organizations, multinational corporations, government agencies and research institutions, helping them maximize the potential of their impact in 100 countries using solutions in 12 languages throughout the United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
As their partner, we uncover our clients’ unique needs and aim to learn everything there is to know so we can deliver solutions that are right-sized yet future-focused. We ask questions, research, empathize, and learn. Our collaborative approach is powered by their purpose and their success is ours as well. We pursue excellence and aspire to exceed expectations, one client at a time.
There are a few things you should know about us:
We live by our code.
- We are client-driven. All the time.
- We have respect. For each other and for our clients.
- We own it. Our clients’ results are our results.
- Integrity. No overpromising, overselling. Always honest.
We celebrate and support our diversity. Over 50% of our team identifies as being from a minority group. 70% of us are female, and so is most of our leadership team.
We are socially invested. We support social organizations and give team members time to dedicate and advocate for their chosen organization. We contribute a portion of annual profits to a social organization selected by employees and in 2020, we donated more than 5% of employee hours to programs supporting COVID-19 issues.
We are one of Canada’s fastest growing SaaS technology services companies looking for a Business Analyst/Consultant to join our rapidly expanding team. We have grown by 243% in the last three years and now have people in Canada, the US, India, and Europe. This is an exciting time to join us and help promote our brand and create demand for our services.
What you will do
As our Business Analyst, your top priority is to build strong and trusted relationships with our clients. You are an advisor who seeks and defines problems. You will be responsible for proactively supporting our customers for a wide range of scenarios including defining business process, analyzing requirements and driving business process improvements for our clients.
Establish relationships with client teams and manage those relationships through the entire project cycle.
Ability to effectively communicate with all project sponsor and stakeholders.
Lead/participate in business solution design sessions with clients to understand objectives, current business processes, offer guidance to clients where they can leverage the technology being implemented to streamline their processes, identify pain points and future state.
Lead SaaS projects using Agile methodology.
Produce process diagrams (Visio or Lucidchart) to document current business flow and how that will change once our solution is implemented for the client.
Extract requirements from client documentation and elicit requirements through discussions with stakeholders.
Write formal business requirements documents detailing stakeholder needs and translating them to systems and process requirements.
Critically evaluate and summarize high volumes of information and documents in order to identify client needs
Identify questions, discrepancies and conflicts in information gathered and help guide conversations internally and with the client to provide clarity on business requirements
Provide information to clients around best practices in the philanthropy, donor advised funds, research, and other sectors we serve by harnessing the rest of the team’s knowledge as you learn these areas.
Develop and maintain clear, concise, and detailed documentation, including functional and non-functional specifications.
Analyze business processes and make recommendations for solutions or improvements that can be achieved and attained through alternative uses of existing technology or using new solutions.
Convert business requirements into User Stories and work with the Architecture team to provide clarifications on the requirements (as needed).
Anticipate requirements that may arise in the future through the client’s change management process.
Proven skills organizing teams and coordinating effort to accomplish project goals.
Act as an internal resource to continue improving Re-Solved’s project management and consulting delivery to our clients.
Become deeply knowledgeable about the SmartSimple platform.
Proactively identify any challenges and risks, escalating situations to Team Leads and Executive Sponsors when required.
Collaborate to manage roadblocks and define solutions – when things go off plan, bringing them back on plan or creating a new plan to de-escalate.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), in a related field is required, MBA or related Masters is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a consultant or business analyst.
- Familiarity with the project lifecycle for IT projects using Jira.
- Ability to think in systems and understand interdependencies across components of a technology platform.
- Experience within a SaaS environment preferred
- Experience with traditional and Agile delivery methodologies preferred
- Familiarity with LEAN or other continuous improvement methodologies an asset
- High proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with project planning software (Jira, Smartsheet, etc.), workflow diagram tools (Visio, Lucid chart, etc.) and internal collaboration tools (Jira, Teamwork, etc.) is an asset.
- Desire to grow and learn
- Quantitative and general problem-solving skills; superior critical thinking.
- Track record in building successful implementation documentation and delivering on project plans.
- Passion for Client Success and going the extra mile, being available after hours if required and helping with non-standard tasks in order to ensure a successful implementation.
- Experience working in cross-functional and/or remote teams.
- Excellent communication skills, responding to client requests quickly and competently, demonstrating exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented multi-tasking working style, managing multiple projects at once while constantly reviewing/updating priorities and paying strict attention to detail.
- Results-oriented, resourceful and proactive attitude, knowing that delivering on promises is the basis of relationship health and longevity.
- Good judgment; understanding that both the “how” and “why” are part of solution-building and keeping the larger picture in mind when considering the path forward.
- Collaborative approach and team-player mentality, relying on other team members for assistance when needed and knowing when to ask for help. Correspondingly, providing assistance to others when needed.
If you are highly motivated, committed to excellent customer service, have excellent communication, leadership, organizational, critical reasoning, and problem-solving skills, we want to hear from you! Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate must be bondable and willing to participate in a security background check.
*Only the applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
Re-Solved is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with Accessibility standards and regulations. If applicants require accommodation for a disability during the recruitment process, they must make their needs known in advance. Please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.