Junior Project Manager
Who We Are
We put the client at the center of everything we do and make decisions to meet their needs above all else. Our clients’ feedback inﬂuences what we build next and how we prioritize.
- Culture of respect
We believe that if our employees are valued and respected, they will value and care for their colleagues and clients. The result is a long-standing relationship with a dedicated team that is inspired to learn and address our clients’ needs together.
- Take ownership
We take ownership of our results, both the successes and the challenges. We respond to our clients’ needs quickly and responsibly.
We keep our commitments, never overpromise or oversell, and communicate openly and honestly.
Due to our exponential growth, we are looking to add a Junior Project Manager to our team of professionals. This is a contract position with the possibility of extending into a permanent full-time role.
As Junior Project Manager reporting to the Manager, PMO (Project Management Office). The PMO ensures Re-Solved’s projects are executed meeting best practices in project management. Your primary role is to work in partnership with the technical and business teams to achieve the best outcomes for our clients. You will oversee multiple projects at a time, handling competing priorities and driving cross-functional project teams.
- Support the definition of project scopes, timelines, levels of effort, and cost estimates.
- Implement Re-Solved’s project management methodologies, standards, and tools.
- Gather client requirements by participating in scoping sessions and supporting the documentation of user stories, workflows and business requirements.
- Regularly track and update the status of project plans, milestones and tasks.
- Communicate project status and priorities by participating in internal and client-facing project meetings.
- Participate in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of client facing presentations and documents.
- Proactively identify any challenges and risks, escalating situations to Team Leads and Executive Sponsors when required.
- Collaborate to manage roadblocks and define solutions – when things go off plan, bringing them back on plan or creating a new plan to de-escalate.
- Participate in lessons for continuous improvement of project delivery and standards.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the SmartSimple’s platform.
- Other duties as required.
- 1-3 years experience in Project Management preferably in a client-facing role managing IT based projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Project management related certification (CAPM, PMP etc.) is an asset.
- Change management and/or Lean (or other continuous improvement) certification is an asset
- High proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with project planning software (Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, etc.), workflow diagram tools (Visio, Lucid chart, etc.) and internal collaboration tools (Jira, Teamwork, etc.) is an asset.
- Track record in building successful implementation documentation and delivering on project plans.
- Passion for Client Success and going the extra mile, being available after hours if required and helping with non-standard tasks in order to ensure a successful implementation.
- Experience working in cross-functional and/or remote teams.
- Excellent communication skills, responding to client requests quickly and competently, demonstrating exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented multi-tasking working style, managing multiple projects at once while constantly reviewing/updating priorities and paying strict attention to detail.
- Results-oriented, resourceful and proactive attitude, knowing that delivering on promises is the basis of relationship health and longevity.
- Good judgment; understanding that both the “how” and “why” are part of solution-building and keeping the larger picture in mind when considering the path forward.
- Collaborative approach and team-player mentality, relying on other team members for assistance when needed and knowing when to ask for help. Correspondingly, providing assistance to others when needed.
If you are highly motivated, committed to excellent customer service, have excellent communication, leadership, organizational, critical reasoning, and problem-solving skills, we want to hear from you!
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Only the applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.