MANAGER, PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Our core values are what drive us every day with ourselves and with our clients.
We put the client at the center of everything we do and make decisions to meet their needs above all else. Our clients’ feedback inﬂuences what we build next and how we prioritize.
- Culture of respect
We believe that if our employees are valued and respected, they will value and care for their colleagues and clients. The result is a long-standing relationship with a dedicated team that is inspired to learn and address our clients’ needs together.
- Take ownership
We take ownership of our results, both the successes and the challenges. We respond to our clients’ needs quickly and responsibly.
We keep our commitments, never overpromise or oversell, and communicate openly and honestly.
Our company has tripled in the last 18 months and our growth is now only dependent on the talent pool that we are able to recruit. We serve philanthropy, pharma, research, banking and other verticals. We are also expanding our Business Intelligence offerings as well as Process Redesign.
Who You Are
What You’ll Do
As our Manager, Portfolio Management your primary role is to support our team with a portfolio approach to our projects and continuous improvement initiatives. You will have the ‘bird’s eye view’ to all of Re-Solved projects and will ensure the success of their overall execution. You will be enabling the Project Managers and Senior Architects in their different functions (project management, business analysis, account management).
Portfolio management is an approach to achieving strategic goals by selecting, prioritizing, assessing, and managing projects, programs, and other related work based upon their alignment and contribution to the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- Portfolio Management which includes integrating & sequencing initiatives where there are opportunities to increase efficiency in portfolio execution as well as maximizing impact of our rollouts. Identifying dependencies between projects and other internal initiatives and actively managing the pacing and completion of these activities.
- Program Management: Drive cross team initiatives.
- Implement tools, processes, and training that will enhance and scale service delivery to users and improve efficiency.
- Coordinate/ collaborate w/ clients and project team members.
- Ongoing Reporting to senior leadership on Portfolio of projects (status & tracking, KPIs, forecasting).
- Estimation/ Forecasting Cost & Effort on client and internal projects.
- Monitor metrics, issues and trends to identify opportunities for improving service delivery, client retention and revenue models.
- Tracking project costs and identifying areas of risk.
- Risk Management between projects that cannot be provided at project level from a holistic point of view.
- Lessons Learnt for continuous improvement of Project Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- Any project management related certification (CAPM, PMP etc.) is an asset.
- 5+ years in a client facing role managing IT based projects.
- Experience and passion for managing teams; Strong leadership skills.
- Hands-on experience with one or more CRM software products (Salesforce.com, Siebel, Clarify, Vantive, PeopleSoft, NetSuite) would be a strong asset.
- Ability to interact with a executives and demonstrate strategic understanding of business needs.
- Ability to think critically and analytically.
- 5 years experience in consultative, program design, project management or similar roles
- High proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in creating workflow diagrams using Visio, Lucid chart, etc.
- Experience with project planning software such as Microsoft Project, Smartsheet etc.
- Working knowledge or experience with internal collaboration tools such as Jira or Teamwork, etc.
- Working knowledge or experience in a reporting tool e.g. Crystal Reports and JasperSoft is a nice-to-have.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with clients, at operational and leadership levels.
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional and/or remote teams.
- Passion for Client Success and going the extra mile, being available after hours if required and helping with non-standard tasks in order to ensure a successful implementation.
- Excellent communication skills, responding to client requests quickly and competently, demonstrating exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented multi-tasking working style, managing multiple projects at once while constantly reviewing/updating priorities and paying strict attention to detail.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
- Results-oriented, resourceful and proactive attitude, knowing that delivering on promises is the basis of relationship health and longevity.
- Good judgment; understanding that both the “how” and “why” are part of solution-building and keeping the larger picture in mind when considering the path forward.
- Collaborative approach and team-player mentality, relying on other team members for assistance when needed and knowing when to ask for help. Correspondingly, providing assistance to others when needed
How You’ll Benefit
We offer flexibility, good benefits and the opportunity to grow quickly into leadership with good mentors and a low ego team.
For a full list of benefits, please visit www.re-solved.ca/careers