Head of People & Culture
Who We Are
Our clients have a clear purpose and vision, but they operate in an always-changing world. That is why we are here. Re-Solved provides guidance and expertise to connect, power, and accelerate purpose for organizations around the world. We develop technology solutions that allow our clients to look beyond their day-to-day processes and maintain a clear focus on what matters most: their mission. Our team has enabled digital transformations for some of the largest, high profile philanthropic organizations, multinational corporations, government agencies and research institutions, helping them maximize the potential of their impact in 100 countries using solutions in 12 languages throughout the United States, the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
As their partner, we uncover our clients’ unique needs and aim to learn everything there is to know so we can deliver solutions that are right-sized yet future-focused. We ask questions, research, empathize, and learn. Our collaborative approach is powered by their purpose and their success is ours as well. We pursue excellence and aspire to exceed expectations, one client at a time.
There are a few things you should know about us:
We live by our code.
- We are client-driven. All the time.
- We have respect. For each other and for our clients.
- We own it. Our clients’ results are our results.
- Integrity. No overpromising, overselling. Always honest.
We celebrate and support our diversity. Over 50% of our team identifies as being from a minority group. 70% of us are female, and so is most of our leadership team.
We are socially invested. We support social organizations and give team members time to dedicate and advocate for their chosen organization. We contribute a portion of annual profits to a social organization selected by employees and in 2020, we donated more than 5% of employee hours to programs supporting COVID-19 issues.
We are one of Canada’s fastest growing SaaS technology services companies looking for a passionate and dedicated Head of People & Culture to join our rapidly expanding team. We have grown by 243% in the last three years and now have people in Canada, the US, India, and Europe.
Our goal is to become one of Canada’s best places to work, and we are looking for a talented and ambitious Human Resources (HR) professional to get us there. You are a strategic business partner focused on developing a high performing, engaged and virtual workforce. You will be an employee evangelist and be a driving force of our culture, brand, and agile practices to all aspects of the employee life cycle. You have a minimum of eight (8) progressive years in HR management with international experience. This is an exciting time to join us, help us cultivate and grow our only and most valuable assets – our people.
What you will do
- You have helped to scale a company and can make recommendations based on real-life experience.
- Design and implement a total rewards and benefits programs that motivate and excite employees while remaining fair and equitable across the company.
- Ensure that our values are the guiding light behind every hire that we make by leading recruitment efforts with best practices and strategies to attract international candidates.
- Have a strong pulse on the morale of the company and work to relentlessly motivate, excite, and retain our top talent.
- Be a strategic partner to the Managing Partner and Founder.
- Ensure compliance with HR legislation and assess its implications on the business.
- Lead planning and execution of workforce management, including succession planning, employee development and engagement, change management, talent acquisition, capability and skills development.
- Develop and execute a performance management program for a high performing international team.
- Ensure company policies and procedures accurately reflect governing legislation of current and future staff.
- Manage day-to-day employment matters and advise management and staff regarding employee relations, policies, and other areas across HR.
- Be a coach and mentor to emerging leaders.
- Roll up your sleeves and be willing to “do” as much as be strategic.
What you bring
- Minimum of 8 years progressive HR experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Proven success in developing scalable strategies for total reward plans, employee relations, payroll, and HRIS for growing company.
- Forward thinking attitude towards People management
- Passionate about employee engagement, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Strong business acumen, specific knowledge and organizational behaviour, design and effectiveness skills.
- Know how to prioritize in a changing and evolving environment.
- Genuinely care about employees.
- You are a leader and enjoy building something for the long run.
- Understand what it takes to attract, nurture, and retain incredible talent.
- Be objective driven, able to plan and execute in a LEAN fashion.
- Have the ability to analyze and challenge organizational norms to drive change by working with employees of varying backgrounds and organizational levels.
- You have knowledge (or know where to find out) of employment laws and regulations in Canada, US, India and Europe.
Please note: Applications must be accompanied by a covering letter outlining your fit and passion for this role. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please. We will keep the competition open until the right candidate is found. Submit your application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate must be bondable and willing to participate in a security background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
Re-Solved is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If applicants require accommodation for a disability during the recruitment process, they must make their needs known in advance. Please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.